Rice Rice baby at Asia CanTech 2019
Crown Bevcan and Closures of Thailand scooped the prestigious Supreme Cup at this year’s Asia CanTech Awards, with its Cheers Selection Riceberry Selection can.
The awards, which took place on Tuesday 28 October at the gala dinner of Asia CanTech in Bangkok, celebrated the achievements of can makers in South East Asia.
Due to its attractive branding and use of matt varnish, it was decided that Crown Bevan and Closures of Thailand was the deserved winner. The product itself is particularly interesting, as this beer is an imported malt that combines signature Thai Riceberry purple rice, in the form of a European style dark lager.
Although a difficult decision for our judges, they were all unanimous in its decision to award this particular can the Supreme Cup. Our judges said: “It’s impressive to see craft beer technology, adapting digital printing as a concept. Often, due to the small batch sizes, fillers have favoured labelling, so it’s nice to see an attractive beverage two-piece can with a lovely matt finish.”
The Riceberry selection can also won the award in the two-piece beverage can section.
The full list of winners in the Asia CanTech awards were as follows:
- Beverage two-piece: Crown Bevcan and Closure (Thailand) Co (Riceberry Beer)
- Beverage three-piece: ORG Technology Co. (Happy New Year)
- Decorative/Speciality: Benjamit Packaging Co (Guitar Can)
- Ends/Caps/Closures: Easy Open Lid Industry Corp (End)
- Food two-piece: Swan Industries Thailand (Cat food)
- Food three-piece: PT Indonesia Multi Colour Printing (Baby food)
- General Line: Tinpak (PVT) (Cheliza Tea)
- Supreme Cup: Crown Bevcan and Closure (Thailand) Co (Riceberry Beer)