2019 conference agenda
This agenda may be subject to change
Monday 28 October
- 12.00-6.00pm Registration
- 12.00-2.00pm Set up of Exhibition Table Tops
- 12.00-3.00pm Presentation Rehearsals
- 2.00-6.00pm Exhibition Opens
- 7.00-9.30pm Opening Reception & Dinner, Bell Publishing’s 20th Anniversary River Cruise
Tuesday 29 October
- 7.30-9.00am Breakfast
- 9.00-9.20am Keynote Speaker – Kamoldist Smuthkochorn, Managing Director of Marketing for Carabao Group
- 9.20-9.40am Jeff Hartung, Applied Vision – Automated colour control on decorated cans.
- 9.40-10.00am Paul Barber, Lighthouse Systems – Digital transformation of a can plant.
- 10.00-10.20am Christof Frohs, Ibea GmbH – Smaller, smarter – CUBE. The next step in vision inspection.
- 10.20-10.40am Richard Moore, Suzhou SLAC Precision Equipment – New developments in metal packaging.
- 10.40-11.10am Coffee Break
- 11.10-11.30am Kamal Djemil, Sacmi Imola – Inspection of coated sheets. The next step in quality control.
- 11.30-11.50am Gerhard Grossman, Koenig & Bauer MetalPrint GmbH – Fast set-up, high production speed, constant quality control for 2pc and 3pc metal decorating.
- 11.50-12.10pm Rosario Patricelli, C.I.E Srl – Updating on waste water recovery technologies. Z.L.D. Plant topics and operating costs.
- 12.10-12.30pm Luc Nelen, Innosen – Optimising the UV drying process: Interpreting logger data.
- 12.30-12.50pm Greg Frisby, Sensory Analytics – Advanced film weight measurement and coating process control.
- 12.50-1.50pm Lunch
- 1.50-2.10pm Marc Hoche, CarnuadMetalBox Engineering – The latest from CMB.
- 2.10-2.30pm Herbert Naef, Sun Chemical – SunColorBox – Color management and communication in the metal packaging industry.
- 2.30-2.50pm Flavio Marchi, Sherwin Williams – How coatings technologies enable the success of the most sustainable packaging in the world: The metal can.
- 2.50-3.10pm – Mark Mohn, Prime Controls – When the sheet hits the can.
- 3.10-3.30pm Daniel Hilfiker, Pneumofore S.p.A – Compressed air and vacuum solutions for can lines.
- 3.30-3.50pm Christian Bretzing, Kartonfabrik Portsendorf GmbH – Layer pads for the canning industry.
- 3.50-7.00pm Tabletop Exhibition
- 7.30-10.00pm Asia CanTech Awards Gala Dinner
Wednesday 30 October
- 7.30-9.00am Breakfast
- 9.00-9.20am Yan Liang, Intralox – Continuous improvement in can handling.
- 9.20-9.40am Kalvis Jaunarajs, Integrated Packaging Solutions – Improve front end performance.
- 9.40-10.00am Michael Tschol, SPG Prints Austria – Innovative digital prepress/2pc bevcan industry.
- 10.00-10.20am Prabhakar Milavarapu and Vincent Raucoules, Signode Industrial Group – Sustainable and returnable packaging solutions for the can industry.
- 10.20-10.50am Coffee Break
- 10.50-11.10am Alex Folloso, Inx International – UV ink performance as function of UV or LED cure.
- 11.10-11.30am Eric Shen, Belvac Production Machinery – Metal forming and decorating solutions for two-piece containers.
- 11.30-11.50pm Richard Bunney, Jorgen Windelev A/S – Making the worlds brands stand out.
- 11.50-12.10pm Amir Dekel, ISRA Vision – Advanced solutions to increase profit and reduce waste by automatic coating and print process control.
- 12.10-1.30pm Candid Forum hosted by Editor Alex Fordham – Panellists include Richard Moore, Managing Director RMRM Consultancy, Sonia Perna-Darghouth, Director Asia Marketing Sherwin-Williams and Robert Gary, CCO Stolle Machinery.
- 1.30-2.30pm Tabletop Exhibition & Buffet Lunch
- 2.30pm Close